I had the great honor to worship with our friends at our sister church this morning (The River UMC in Richmond Texas). Thanks for inviting me and for making us feel welcome!
My sermon topic was forgiveness. But, as anyone who has tried to forgive knows, forgiveness is a very complex topic. And it’s even more complex when one tries to practice it!
So… I wanted to make a series of my blog posts on forgiveness available to help explore a complex topic. I encourage folks to read, to interact (via comments or with your circles of friends), and to consider discussing with close Christian brothers and sisters.
If you just have time to read one post: start HERE.
If you’d like to read more, here are some suggestions:
- How to Forgive… From the Heart
- How to Stop Abusing Forgiveness
- How to Avoid Two Pitfalls in Forgiving Others
- Avoiding the Dark Side of Forgiveness
- Lessons on Forgiveness… from Batman!
And in case you’d like to study together in your groups, families, etc…. here are a few interactive studies you might find useful:
- Study for the week following Jan 13th
- Study for the week following Jan 20th
- Study for the week following Jan 27th
I hope this helps on the “High Road of Forgiveness!”
Be blessed… and then be a blessing!