Wayne Cordeiro was a successful leader, right up until burnout took its toll on his relationships, his work, and even his health. It was a dark time for Wayne, but a time of great learning.
Wayne shared what he learned in this 2006 conference. Granted, it’s not new, but I think it’s timeless advice for anyone who feels like they’re running on empty, from harried parent to entrepreneurial leader.
Since his talk is almost 40 minutes, here some options that will help you watch it in your busy schedule:
- Set aside 10 minutes a day for 4 days and
- Listen for 10 minutes, marking the time where you left off.
- Stop the recording with each new point he makes (the points are labeled on the screen).
- Set aside 40 minutes and just soak it in on a down day (and if you don’t have a down day, you really NEED to listen… so make a down hour, at least).
If you’re super busy and just want to skip to his points, start the video at 13:15. But whatever you do, don’t miss this opportunity to reframe how you view this treadmill we call life in the 21st century!
Now…it’s your turn. What does this look like in your life?
- What fills your tank?
- Where is your fulcrum? (And where does it need to be in this season)?
- What can you do to begin leading out of rest? Do that… starting today!
- Who is your lightening rod? Go find one if you don’t have one!
- How will you discipline your daily devotion (and why should you)?
- How’s your torch?