WordServe Church Study Guide for May 18, 2014
- Sermon Title: “Specifically For You” (Dr. Nolan Donald)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon and .pdf download)
- Sermon Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- Additional Study Texts:
– What’s one thing from Sunday’s message that you hope the group talks about?
– How do others describe your personality? (e.g., outgoing, thoughtful, reserved, “life of the party,” etc.?)
Read Romans 7:1-6
– If we are released from the law, then how should we conduct ourselves?
– Compare and contrast serving God under the old way (the law) versus the new way (living in the Spirit):
– What are the ramifications of living in the Spirit?
Read Galatians 5:16-26
– How do we know if we are truly living in the Spirit?
– What gets in the way of living in the Spirit? What can we do about that?
– How could living in the Spirit prevent all the problems found in verse 26?
– Do you think our unique personalities enhance or interfere with our ability to live in the Spirit? Explain.
– What does all this have to do with our gifts, talents, and abilities?
Taking It Home
– How might your unique personality affect the way you serve your community? (Check out the “Extra!” block below.)
– Can you describe a place or situation where you seem most tuned in to the Holy Spirit guiding or speaking to you?
– Where and how have you felt the Spirit guiding you to serve?
– If you’re not currently serving there, what is holding you back?
– Check in with your accountability partner or group on your previous “next step” of determining where your gifts, abilities, and talents could be used in the community. How’s that going?
- Would you like to take a free Personality Assessment? Click HERE!
- Want to know more about how personality might affect how you serve? See 2 Steps to Find Fulfillment
Feel free to interact via comments!