WordServe Church Study Guide for Oct 19, 2014
- Sermon Title: “Seeking God’s Will as Our First Priority” (Dr. Nolan Donald)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Luke 22:39-46
- Additional Study Texts: Matthew 6:24-34
– What’s one thing from Sunday’s message that you hope the group talks about?
– What’s your initial reaction when someone says you must “Seek God’s will as your first priority?”
Read Matthew 6:24-34
– What are the “two masters” Jesus is talking about?
– Describe the context and culture to which Jesus speaks. Why do you think Jesus says these things to this crowd?
– What are the benefits of seeking God’s will as our first priority? (Think communally and personally)
– What are the dangers in NOT seeking God’s will as our first priority? (Think communally and personally)
– How would Jesus deliver this message in Matthew 6 to your modern circumstances? What specifics would he address?
– What other “Masters” compete for our attention today?
Taking It Home
– Are you convinced to seek God’s will as your first priority? If yes, what convinced you? If no, what is holding you back?
– What are your fears in seeking God’s will as your first priority?
– How do you know it’s God’s will you are seeking?
– What “next step(s)” will you take this week to seek God’s will as your first priority?
When other things attempt to take first priority over God…