WordServe Church Study Guide for Oct 26, 2014
- Sermon Title: “Time for a Change?” (Rev. Bill Hogan)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Ephesians 4:17-24
- Additional Study Texts: Ephesians 4:1-16, Ephesians 4:25-32
– Was there any one thing that you most agreed with or disagreed with from Sunday’s message? What was it and why?
– Describe your experience(s) with transformation (good or bad!):
Read Ephesians 4:1-16
– Describe a “… life worthy of the calling…” what would it look like in Paul’s time? In our time?
– Paul seems to place a high emphasis on unity. What does that have to do with transformation?
– What is the desired end goal in verses 1-16?
— What role might transformation play in that end goal?
— What happens if we don’t make that goal?
Read Ephesians 4:25-32
– Which one of these “rules” do you think is most important? Make a case for why you think so and share.
– Describe life in verses 25-32 without transformation; what would it look like? And with transformation?
– What are the challenges in living as described in verses 25-32 in today’s world? How can we overcome them?
Taking It Home
– What part of Carlos’ story resonated most with you? Why?
– List the ingredients you feel are necessary for transformation to take place:
— What ingredients do you have access to right now? Describe:
— What ingredients do you need? How can your group help you?
– What is your next step on the transformation journey?
- Transformation, How Does it Happen? by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- How the Holy Spirit Works to Transform Our Lives by Len Wilson
And for those wondering why transformation is such a struggle, enjoy… and please excuse the cheesy music 🙂