WordServe Church Study Guide for Feb 22, 2015
- Sermon Title: “Image Isn’t Everything” (Dr. Nolan Donald)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: John 5:31-47
- Additional Study Texts: John 12:37-50
– If you had to give an abbreviated version of Sunday’s message, what two points or ideas would you include no matter what?
– What is your definition of glory?
Read John 12:37-50
– Use a Bible Dictionary or Commentary to look up the definition of “glory” as found in the sermon text (John 5:44). Define below:
– If the people described in v 37 didn’t believe in Jesus, what did they believe in?
– Describe the symptoms of their non-belief. Do you think these still apply today? Why or why not?
– What do verses 42 and 43 say about glory and honor as they relate to Jesus? To God?
– Do verses 44-50 change you definition of glory? If so, how?
– Pick one of the following readings and share how it impacts your understanding of glory:
Taking It Home
– What is the relationship between belief and glory? Describe:
– What keeps people you know from believing in Jesus?
– How might you glorify God in your home? Workplace? School?
– What would you need in order to glorify God in these places?
– Share these ideas with your group. See if you and least one other person can commit to glorifying God in some way this week and be sure to check in with other next week!
- Do You Seek God’s Glory, or Man’s? by Francis Frangipane
- What is the Glory of God? gotquestions.org
- The Story of our Glory by David Mathis
- Want to go way deeper on the definition of “Glory?” BibleHub.com commentary, John 5:44
Got 1 minute, 58 seconds to hear one person’s explanation of what it means to glorify God?