WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Mar 15, 2015
- Sermon Title: “What, Me Worry?” (Rev. Bill Hogan)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Luke 12:22-31
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return in a couple of weeks when we’re back in session!
Read Luke 12:22-31
– List the things you worry about that you have no control over.
— Which of these would be hardest to let go? Why?
— Is there something you could actually do in any of these areas of concern? What might that look like?
— Are there others at work in those areas of concern already? How might you support or join them?
– Jesus says we shouldn’t worry about what we’ll eat or what we’ll wear. Is it wrong then, to plan/budget? Why or why not?
– In light of this Scripture, do you feel you need to make any changes in your lifestyle? What are the next steps for you?
- Fear, Anxiety, and Worry… What Does the Bible Say? at Christian answers.net.
- The Cause and Cure for Worry, Joyce Meyers Ministry
- 4 Reasons Not to Worry, Mary Fairchild
Will Edison’s thought-provoking video: Christian: Worried About Your Future?