WordServe Church Study Guide for May 24, 2015
- Sermon Title: “Ready for Reality” (Dr. Nolan Donald)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-20
- Additional Study Texts: Acts 4:1-31 and Acts 26:1-29
– If you had to give an abbreviated version of Sunday’s message, what two points or ideas would you include no matter what?
– Do you agree or disagree with this statement? “Armor” is needed to bear fruit for God’s Kingdom.
Read Ephesians 6:10-20
– Why is Paul encouraging readers to put on armor?
– List each piece of armor and the associated spiritual connection (e.g., Helmet – Salvation).
– Go back through your list: Why do you think Paul associates that spiritual value with that piece of equipment (e.g., why salvation with helmet?)
Here are two examples where people stood firm for the faith. Read and reflect: how did the “Armor of God” show up here?
– What does all this have to do with bearing fruit for God’s Kingdom?
Taking It Home
– What would “standing firm” look like today in your setting?
– Where do you feel God may be calling you to stand firm as an individual?
– Where might God be calling you to stand firm with a group of Jesus followers?
– What kind of fruit might be possible as you stand in the situations you listed above?
– What is the biggest obstacle you face as you consider taking a stand? How can your group help you?
And just to get y’all fired up…