WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Jun 7, 2015
- Sermon Title: “Seven Truths About Heaven, Part 2” (Guest Preacher Dr. Jerry Walls)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Revelation 21:22 – 22:6, 14-17
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return next fall when we’re back in session!
– How does your belief about the “alpha” shape your view of the “omega”?
– What are some examples of how truth, beauty and goodness are at odds in our fallen world?
– What difference does it make to think heaven will include the flourishing of human culture?
– What does it mean to be at home with God?
Dr. Walls on Christians’ ability to think rationally:
Want to know more about Dr. Walls’ thoughts on this topic? Check out his books on topic:
- Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory: Rethinking the Things That Matter Most.
- And here’s a REVIEW of this book from patheos.com (John Mark N. Reynolds)
- Heaven: The Logic of Eternal Joy
- And here’s a REVIEW of this book from apologetics 315
Or, check out his recent CONVERSATION with “Wesleyan Accent” at seedbed.com
What do you think about these viewpoints?
- What are the New Heavens and the New Earth? from gotquestions.org
- What are the New Heavens and New Earth? from Christian Courier (Jason Jackson)