WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Jun 14, 2015
- Sermon Title: “If God is Love, Why is there a Hell?” (Guest Preacher Dr. Jerry Walls)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Revelation 21:6-8
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return next fall when we’re back in session!
Read Revelation 21:6-8
– How does the doctrine of Trinity show God is love, and how does this suggest the possibility of hell?
– Does love require freedom and what does this have to do with hell?
– How can we make rational sense of why anyone would freely choose hell?
Dr. Walls defends his beliefs regarding Hell on Lee Strobel’s “Faith Under Fire”
Want to know more about Dr. Walls’ thoughts on this topic? Check out his books on topic:
- Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory: Rethinking the Things That Matter Most.
- And here’s a REVIEW of this book from patheos.com (John Mark N. Reynolds)
- Heaven: The Logic of Eternal Joy
- And here’s a REVIEW of this book from apologetics 315
- Hell: The Logic of Damnation
Or, check out his recent CONVERSATION with “Wesleyan Accent” at seedbed.com