WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Jun 21, 2015
- Sermon Title: “Mind the Gap” (Guest Preacher Brian Owen)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Matthew 7:3-5, 13:3-9, 18-23, 26:36-44
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return next fall when we’re back in session!
Read Matthew 7:3-5, 13:3-9,18-23, 26:36-44
– List the Four Gaps from today’s sermon and briefly describe them:
- Gap 1:
- Gap 2:
- Gap 3:
- Gap 4:
– What gap is the Spirit of God inviting you to “mind?”
– What steps can you take to address one or more of these gaps?
– Who can you talk to about your plan to mind your gap with God’s help?
- Other thoughts about the gap between the heart and the head: Mind the Gap, by Pastor James Kellerman
- The Distance Between Head and Heart, by Leon Bloder
- Heart Knowledge, by Boyd Bailey
Sometimes, the distance between our heart and head can lead to life as a “Two Faced Christian.” But what if there’s a good way to be a “Two Faced Christian?”