WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Jul 5, 2015
- Sermon Title: “The Declaration of Interdependence” (Rev. Bill Hogan)
- Audio Link: NOTE: Due to technical difficulties, this week’s podcast is not available. Check back with us next week for more great podcasts!
- Sermon Scripture: John 15:1-8, 12
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return next fall when we’re back in session!
Read John 15:1-8, 12
– Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Apart from Christ, we can do nothing.
— Make a case for your position, and dialogue with someone who takes an opposing view!
– What point(s) do you still have questions about or disagree with most? Consider commenting (or asking) below!
– What is the best way you’ve found to stay connected with Christ?
— Share your ideas with others and listen to theirs. Consider using the comments below to start a conversation.
– What is the best way you’ve found to love each other as Christ loved us?
— What can you do to reinforce this idea in the next year?
- Apart from Me, You Can Do Nothing? by Ben Sternke
- What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “I am the True Vine?” at gotquestions.org
Do we make this harder than it should be? Francis Chan thinks so: