WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Jul 12, 2015
- Sermon Title: “Risk Taking and the Kingdom of God” (Guest Preacher Todd Hayes)
- Audio Link (NOTE: Recording not available due to technical difficulty. Please check back next week for new sermon recordings)
- Sermon Scripture: Matthew 11:2-15
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return next fall when we’re back in session!
Read Matthew 11:2-15
– Am I taking any risks for God and His kingdom? What are they?
– Do I have doubts about Jesus and following Him? (The Baptist did and he was the greatest man that ever lived…).
– Is life not what you expected? How so?
– What consequences am I facing for following Jesus whole-heartedly?
- Here’s a great read related to today’s Scripture: Jesus Disappoints Everyone, by John Koessler
- How to Take Radical Risks for God, by Whitney Hopler
- Taking Risks, by Charles Stanley
- Here’s an interesting twist on taking a risk from God: When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are, by Kris Beckert
When you think of “Christians,” do you think of meek, wall-flower types? Well… think again!