WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Jul 19, 2015
- Sermon Title: “Meeting God in Unexpected Places” (Guest Preacher Melissa Maher)
- Audio Link (For sermon audio, click HERE after Sunday’s Sermon is recorded and posted)
- Sermon Scripture: Philippians 1:3-11
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return next fall when we’re back in session!
Read Philippians 1:3-11
“Mission as the movement of God’s people in the direction of God’s heart.” — Rev. Melissa Maher
1. Where is God’s heart evident in your community?
2. How could you and/or your family take a step to move in the direction of God’s heart?
3. Reflect on ways that you might be able to further God’s mission in each of these areas listed below. Be specific and put a timeline to your ideas, and watch God’s Kingdom unfold!
– Relationship (what relationships need repairing? What relationships need to be developed?)
– Empowerment (Who needs to be empowered in your community? How could you help that happen?)
– Creativity (Spend some time brainstorming with others of similar mindset: think outside the box!)
– Prayer (Commit to spending time in prayer for at least 30 days with a goal of discovering God’s heart in your area and how God could work through you in a mission setting).
- What does it mean to be “On Mission?” by Adam Sinnett
- God’s Mission Has a Church, an interview with Ed Stetzer
It’s not that the church has a mission, but rather that the mission has a church. We join Jesus on His mission. — Ed Stetzer
And here’s a video that might make you ponder… What does it mean to be the church?