WordServe Church “Food for Thought” for Aug 2, 2015
- Sermon Title: “Journey to Freedom and Fulfillment” (Guest Preacher Emily Motley)
- Audio Link (check HERE on Sunday afternoon for the latest sermon)
- Sermon Scripture: Exodus 6:5-7
What is “Food for Thought?”
Food for thought segments run when our Community Groups are not in session. They are designed to help people think through other aspects of the sermon and are based on the sermon text. Study Guides will return next fall when we’re back in session!
Read Exodus 6:5-7
- What does Exodus 6:5-7 say about:
- About the Israelites?
- Do you think that covenant and freedom are tied together? If so, how?
- What does Exodus 5:7 mean when it says, “…you will be my people,” and “I will be your God?”
- What does that look like today?
- What holds you captive?
- What would it take to be free of that?
- Try to name a specific step or two that you could take in the next month towards freedom!
- The Bonds of Freedom, by Roger Olson (via Christianity Today)
- God Wants to Give You Freedom, by Rick Warren
- The Freedom of God and the Free Will of Human Beings, by Ben Witherington, III
- 55 Bible verses about Freedom, from openbible.info
Ever wonder where our freedom comes from?